Background

Background

Background

Monday, July 11, 2011

The Power of the Word



It has been a Monday all day long. I think Mondays are the most difficult day...facing work again for the week after having Saturday off and then church on Sunday, with amazing worship and word and fellowship with your "sisters"....and then comes Monday.



The good thing is on Mondays I am still hearing the songs from Sunday and they keep running thru my mind as the business of work comes about

"And if our God is for us

Then who could ever stop us

And if our God is with us

Then who could stand against us"



Our pastor preached yesterday on being in a battle and how important is what to be using the right weapon for the fight we are in. He used David as an example when he went out to fight Goliath. Everyone thought he needed armor and coverings..but what he needed was a stone and a sling. In using Ephesians 6 he reminded us of the power of the word when facing any battle. We may think we can fight using other things but if we are not lined up with his word....we will not win. I do not give his message justice..but it was one of those "on time" messages for me. The devil would love to keep us so busy and preoccupied that we give up our devotional time and our time in the word because that is how he weakens us. Pastor reminded us to be diligent over our time in the word......so that The Word becomes a part of us and a ready weapon at any time.



Praise the Lord, I don't find myself in a battle at the moment...so its an even better time to concentrate on spending more time in the word. What a way to start the week!



I think its going to be a good one! I pray yours will be too!



Have a blessed week Barbara









2 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara,
    I enjoyed this post, also the one about your family. I hope you are having a good week! Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back online. Thanks for your recent visit to my blog while I was on a blog break.

    I enjoyed the message above. Truth indeed.

    I also read your post below. Good to catch up on your family. I pray that things are better now with all you were experiencing.

    Much love!

    ReplyDelete